Ah the irony of my last post! The very next day I’m told that I won’t be needed after this Friday! Well, after the shock of being sacked had settled and all the frantic phone calls were made (looking at other work project options), I thought how do I apply my favourite motto?
“Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.”
What are the positives you may ask? Hmmm…….
1. Back on holidays – I may get a chance to play that Wii I got for Christmas!
2. Not having to work in the blazing sun for 12 hours straight on these 30 degree plus days!
3. With the Kung Fu school starting up again next week, it gives me more of a chance to do the huge amounts of preparation required and help out with teaching. Especially as there is usually an influx at the beginning of the year.
4. New work opportunities. Change is refreshing after all – it prevents boredom and stagnation from setting in. And maybe I can find night shift work. Apparently there is a tunnel project needing workers, starting up in a month or so.
5. More free time may enable me to pursue some performing projects in the short term.
6. More time for kung fu training.
7. More time for visiting friends.
So, lucky I was saving! Now – just 2 more days of bike path boredom left to endure!